[ SHOWGSD-L ] here's a warning...

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 13:47:26 -0500

The wierdest thing just happened to me..........consider this a warning! I went to Google to look for a funny gif...what popped up was an offer to clean my hard drive of all the porn i have put on it. That was very strange, since I have never been to any kind of porn site, not even by accident! While I was looking at the pop up, it changed and there was an offer to scan my computer for these "adult" sites...I clicked No. It came right back immediately saying it had detected over 600 porn pictures on my computer..........this was after I had clicked No. First of all...there wasn't time for it to scan anything, never mind that it found 600 porn pictures...there aren't even 600 dog pictures on here, and that's what almost all my pictures are...dogs! So, I deleted it and got off google. I should have noted the name of who or what was making the offer...but I couldn't wait to get it off my screen...

My computer automatically runs a full deep scan every week...and I ran a quick scan last night too, while I was using the computer, just for the heck of it. In addition to that, I have two different spyware detectors, and ran both those programs last nite, too...in any case, I'm pretty confident that there's nothing on this computer that shouldn't be here... so I guess that offer to scan my computer was something bad............consider this a warning....if you get a pop-up offering to scan your computer for some kind of site you've never been to, be careful--who knows what that site is doing to your computer. Don't click yes...whatever you do. I'm going to have to run a deep scan again now, along with both the spyware programs....because I don't know where that pop-up came from or what it may have left here... This isn't a joke...I don't even usually get pop-ups, so this was pretty strange from the get-go!
Peggy
POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.