[ SHOWGSD-L ] herding news

  • From: "Sharon L. White" <slwhite@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:57:23 -0900

Just a quick reminder to send your comments in - it was posted in the
AKC news column this week...
It's been 15 below out at the farm (and dark)... no herding lately for
this fair weather team (we need +5 or 10, maybe next weekend!)
Have fun in the balmy south... Sharon
Notice to the Herding Community
Print This Article
<javascript:PopIt('/news/blocks/print_article.cfm?article_id=3100', 800,
600)>
[Tuesday, January 02, 2007]
The 2006 Herding Advisory Committee is announcing its deadline for
receiving input from the herding fancy

The 2006 Herding Advisory Committee would like to thank the herding
community for the many suggestions that have been submitted in the past
5 months. The committee has now received and organized more than 200
suggestions, and it is currently in the process of writing possible
amendments to the current AKC Herding Regulations. To concentrate on
that process, the committee would like to stop the submission of any new
suggestions from the herding fancy after January 31, 2007.

At the completion of our first draft (which we expect will take several
months), the committee will be posting its initial recommendations on
these web pages. At that time, again, the committee will call upon the
herding fancy to get feedback before formulating its final
recommendations to the Performance Events Department.

While the herding community will still be able to contact the Herding
Advisory Committee at hac2006@xxxxxxx <mailto:hac2006@xxxxxxx> after the
January 31 deadline, the committee cannot guarantee that new suggestions
will be able to receive full consideration.

Thank you all for sending us your suggestions.