[ SHOWGSD-L ] hemmohroid? report

  • From: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 22:08:28 +0000

Dogs do not get hemmohroids but they can get something similar which is what my
old girl has.(don't ask me the name) They can be squeezed and popped so they
drain but more then likely will just come back in a different area. You can do
surgery to remove them but once again they will probably come back.
Due to her age my vet and I both agree surgery is not an option. Right now I am
using preparation H to make it a little more comfortable for her when she
poops. I have changed her food to one that does not produce such a firm stool
which will make it easier for her
As Ron my vet has always told me be in dogs long enough and you will see
everything- well this is a new one for me even after 34 yrs.
Sally

Sally
www.embroiderybysally.com