[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: help with epilepsy meds'

  • From: "lacy340@xxxxxxx" <lacy340@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kay Springer" <showgsd@xxxxxxx>, DPiagentin <DPiagentin@xxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:31:28 -0700

That diet works and that is what I gave my girl Lacy along with her meds.  She
was on Phenobarbital and I never uped the dosage.  The diet reduced her
seizures by 50%.  You really have to follow it even with cookies.

Susan Court
Lacy Kennels
650-207-0366

In a message dated 10/14/11 18:23:07 Pacific Daylight Time, showgsd writes:
My friend who had a dog with epilepsy had the dog on Potassium Bromide
and Valium...not sure the dosage. Seemed to control them pretty
well.  Also, there was an article in the Whole Dog Journal about dogs
with epilepsy and they found a diet free of red meat, gluten and diary
really helped. My friend did do this restrictive diet and the seizures
were greatly reduced in frequency and severity.  It is a hard diet to
follow but mainly all he ate was Potato Duck, Potato Rabbit canned,
kibble and treats.

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
Ch. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,RE,CDX,CHIC (h,e,h,t) DM Clear
"Strider" 78 BOBs - #5 & #6 GSD 2009