[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: help me understanding what we want done [standard]

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:00:02 EDT

In the spirit of Fred's suggestion - I'll say one thing I really liked  about
the
new standard when I looked at it at the board meeting last July.   Instead of
single picture of what a shoulder, pastern, head, etc, should look like,
there
were several showing differences from moderate to extreme, and a  range
within them showing most desirable, acceptable, and not desirable.   While
I personally would have set the ranges differently in some cases, I really
like
a version that shows that there is room for variation in the  standard.  I
think
that better illustrates what so many are trying to say here (that the  changes
in style do not mean the standard has changed).   The evololution  in style
that has happened over the years has come from lessons learned by  hard
experience and careful study by the most successful of the breeders  through
the years.  Those breeders, whether they are still breeding, judging,  or just
staying involved, should have input on the new standard.

Janice Buchanan

In a message dated 8/15/05 7:35:30 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx writes:
I hear  all the suggestions as to what we [the membership] don't want done
but
no  one is saying how they want it done. Is it that you want new people
handling the nis? And who is to say there will not be as many people  object
to the
way they do it. Do you want every new page that is revised  to be put to a
vote
of the entire membership? We are going to need a lot  of money to do it that
way. Really I do not agree or disagree with the  objections being raised but
along with those objections you must submit  your plan as to how you want it
handled. I suspect if all the membership  were to submit a plan we might have
3000
plans out of 4000 members. Really  when you object also along with the
objection
send your plan.
I mean  this NOT in a sarcastic way who knows someone may have a great idea
that  all 4000 of us will like.             Fred  Migliore