[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: health testing

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:48:45 -0700

You can't assume because it is not in CHIC data base that breeders or stud
owners are not doing any
testing.
We have been running complete blood panels and the Thyroid testing through
Michigan State on our studs
for many years......before they are at public stud.  The timing is not right
with that and their OFA certification to
bother getting it on their OFA Cert.     It was never the reason for our
testing as we do it  mainly for ourselves
and to insure the stud has no health issues before we bother using them for
stud for ourselves or anyone else.
No one has ever asked about CHIC and it never mattered to us.
We also have done the DM flash testing.
Admittedly......... we have never bothered with eye certification of any type.
All of your answers in looking for stud are not always on a
Certificate.......<G>......we just have
never had it done that way as it never was the motive or an issue for us.

The Temperament Tests............no longer seem easily available for all of
us.......

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com