[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: health testing

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:26:05 GMT

Questions on the CHIC -

I can understand the hips, elbows, temperament, and congenital cardiac, but,
what good is the Autoimmune thyroiditis evaluation if it has to be repeated
annually?
For example: you breed your bitch to a stud dog with CHIC certification
(negative on Autoimmune thyroiditis) in 2009.  When said stud dog is re-tested,
as required to keep his CHIC, in 2010, he shows positive for Autoimmune
thyroiditis.  What good did your CHIC do you, the breeder who bred your
beautiful, healthy bitch to him, trusting in the CHIC?

Same for the CERF eye test.

I can see these tests for your own dog's health records, but, I fail to see the
value of it in a breeding program.

Regarding DM - why are they using the Flash Test instead of their own DNA test??

TIA

Paula, 28 days and counting