[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: health testing

  • From: "Kate Syssoloff" <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:56:56 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

From: Rebecca Little=0D
Date: 9/14/2009 11:24:29 AM=0D
To: freelist=0D
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] health testing=0D
 =0D
Ok guys questions....What breeders out there are testing for more then ju=
st
hips and elbows?? Why is there not more importance placed on testing hear=
ts,
eyes, and thyroids? What about the DM flash test? Does anyone see that
becoming used more?=0D
There are ONLY 37 GSD's listed in the CHIC data base. I have 2 girls wait=
ing
for a GSDCA temperament test to me somewhere >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>=0D
=0D
The 13-CLUB is the best test of health there is...........  I have to
confess, I've not submitted very many of my Geriatric kids names and stat=
to this Club.  I'm lazy and there is a cut off date for doing it all...=20
more excusses.  Knowing how long dogs have lived is one of my criterias,
though.  It's not very scientific........=0D
=0D
Kate