[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: health testing

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:34:12 -0700 (PDT)

As a breeder/owner of one of the 37 gsds in the CHIC database, I agree with you
that we should be doing more health testing.  I would like to restrict my stud
choices to dogs that have passed all of the tests required for CHIC
designation.  Sadly, that would limit me to very few stud dogs right now!  I
think it is too bad that the dog can get a CHIC number without passing any of
the tests.  That makes the whole thing kinda laughable..  It's a step in the
right direction, though, IMO.
 Zoa
Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com