[ SHOWGSD-L ] health testing

  • From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:24:06 -0400

Ok guys questions....What breeders out there are testing for more then just
hips and elbows?? Why is there not more importance placed on testing hearts,
eyes, and thyroids? What about the DM flash test? Does anyone see that becoming
used more?
There are ONLY 37 GSD's listed in the CHIC data base. I have 2 girls waiting
for a GSDCA temperament test to me somewhere remotely near(and no Ohio is NOT
considered near).  How many out there are waiting for the same??? We look a sad
lot compared to alot of the CHIC dogs listed of other breeds....Aussies over
1100,  nearly 400 malinois, almost 300 dalmatians, almost 300 leonbergers(there
are only about 2000 in the whole country), over 1600 pembrokes, almost 650
swiss mountain dogs, just to name a few. Don't we have a FAR greater number of
dogs out there then the above breeds?
 Does anyone else think its important to go above and beyond in the health
testing department????
Rebecca Little
Peakes Brook German Shepherds
http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html