[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: handling for a judge

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:26:18 -0700 (PDT)

          That, too, is a "policy".  It states " Advise potential exhibitors
not          to enter under you........ if the exhibitor  is a person with
whom          you co-own dogs."  Most judges respect the policies just as
they          do rules.
          Carolyn
From: ELG440@xxxxxxx <ELG440@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] handling for a judge
To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 8:12 AM

In a message dated 9/4/2009 4:54:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
And if  you co-own a dog with Dave, you can't show to him at
all..........

I wondered about this, and years ago, when we co-owned Panach with  Cappy
and Gloria I called the AKC to get a decision.  I got an opinion, and  then
got it in writing. If you co-own with someone, you can show to that person,
but not the dog you co-own.

At dinner last night we talked about it again. Evidently Jenn Root also has
the same question recently and she called the AKC.  She got the same
answer. You CAN show under a judge you co-own with, but not the dog you  co-own.

Tedi and I decided not to show our house dog yesterday under Dave to avoid
any questions. It wasn't going to hold a major, so it made no difference.
But,  the answer is that co-owning with a judge, does not disqualify you from
showing  under that judge.

The AKC makes a lot of rules to try to eliminate dishonesty.  Those  who
would be dishonest work hard to find ways around them, such as changing
ownership back and forth. The best solution is to be honest,and let the others
worry about themselves.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come  together

Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.