[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: handling for a judge

  • From: "Hellwigg" <hellwigg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 13:49:10 -0400

I agree Morgan, can't legislate morality totally. We, here in Canada are
also governed by a similar rule, unfortunately that same rule does not apply
in the futurity/maturity......we have some rules that if read and applied it
should cover it but it does not spell it exactly out. And...in my opinion,
it is taken advantage of.

Granted in many cases when the "unspelled out" rules are broken and the
animal does win there is no doubt that it is worthy but it definitely gives
the impression of foul play and of course as we all know, favors are often
given and also when one knows a dog well it is often easier to see all
attributes at a glance....don't ya think?

CKC Rules for Conformation Judges

2.5 In cases where a judge, or any member of the judge's household, is
employing the services of a handler, the judge shall not judge any dog shown
by that handler during the period of employment and for a period of six
months following termination of such employment. For the purpose of these
rules, the term handler shall also include members of the handler's
household, & any employee or business partners of the handler. A judge shall
excuse any dog which enters the ring in violation of this rule.

Wendy