[ SHOWGSD-L ] handling fees

  • From: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:44:32 -0500

All breed handlers charge 75 dollars a class.Its the standard fee. we have some
shepherd handlers who are all breed handlers:
Sergio
JR Alcantara
Barbara Ross
are three that I know well.they are pretty well known among shepherd people but
handle other breeds. JR shows lots of Akitas. If you stick around for the group
you will sometimes see them in other group rings
Susan Vroom
Corky Vroom
Bruce Schultz
Andy Linton
these four do not handle shepherds but could in a pinch(susan has handled my
bitch)

Most of them travel with specials in several breeds that is where they make
their big money
some charge bonuses for certain wins. since they handle so many breeds expenses
are much lower

Some of them charge more for specialties because they can not show as many
dogs. the best bet is combined specialties where they have several breeds they
can show.

jim moses has handled many breeds. i once asked him how many other breeds he
has gone best in show with and he could not remember.
i h
ave seen him in the last year handle
poodles
aussies
border collies
golden retreivers
and
duck tolling dogs

in addition to his major special Genny he has several other group shepherds and
of course class dogs..his assistants handle in at least three groups.

hope this helps