[ SHOWGSD-L ] handlers charge more - but so do septic tank cleaners.

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:18:38 EST

A great deal of years ago we were using a very top handler.  He was  showing
a special for us.  At a specialty his cost was $150  to show a  special and an
extra $150 to go breed.
We said whoa!  the only thing you can win with a special is  breed.  We are
not going to pay a bonus for winning the class you are hired  to win.
HE still showed our special.

Every handler I ever used had a rate card and you knew exactly what you  were
getting into before you hired him (her)  Some charged bonuses &  others
didn't.  Some were really high on expenses while others were  economical.  The
point being, if you know up front what the charges are,  and you still want to
use
that handler, than so be it.  If you thing the  charges are outrageous, just
use another handler.  Sometimes you have room  to negotiate.
Putting it in prospective:
Yes, handler charges are going up   But lordy, so is  everything.  5 years
ago it cost me $125.00 to have a 1200 gal septic tank  pumped out.  Yesterday I
called and make an appointment with my regular  company and inquired about the
price.  I was quoted $350.
O.K. So I called around.  Other quotes were $550.00.  Now folks,  that is a
huge increase over $125.00  Handlers have not gone up at near  that rate.
Cleaning you septic tank is a necessity.  And after  getting rid of all that
S--t,
maybe I can't afford a handler :)
Carol Moore