[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: handler fees?

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:20:00 -0700 (PDT)

try explaining to a newcomer why it is worth 25-30 entry fee, $75 + for
handler, plus their own expenses for their dog to be in the ring for less than
2 minutes. They think it is a pretty stupid way to waste money. For the same
entry fee they can go into rally or obed and do it themselves and enjoy working
with their dog and feel they have accomplished something.
Not that I don't think a good handler can end up saving a lot of money in the
long run, but it sure puts off someone who is not hooked on conformation.
That's why the point scale is down around 10 dogs for a major.
Ruth