[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: gun test vote

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:22:18 -0700

My dogs have passed the TT and the sound of a gun shot. No, they were NOT
conditioned by training for that. I have worked at several club tests, with
both Bob Penny and Dick Whalen. A reaction is expected, and passing, but it
is a mild reaction, as looking around, where did that noise come from, what
was it and etc. They should not be bolting trying to get away, showing fear,
heading for the hills, etc.
I live a few blocks from a park where the fireworks are shot off, sometimes
2-3 times a year.
They don't like a full hour or more of boom boom.
They don't freak out, they just want a place away from it, and to lay down
and forget about the noise. I can enjoy the  fireworks display from my deck.
My dogs prefer to be inside until that last boom, boom. They will
occasionally come out to the deck to see if I am still there enjoying the
noise. LOL
Beryl Eshom...who just came back from a wonderful weekend, not dog related,
but REALLY GREAT !!!
Arelee GSD
Davis, Ca.