[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [gsdshowlist] nationals

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 08:38:13 EDT

I've suggested "Regional Nationals" a number of times.  I think it  would
increase entries across the board and get dogs out that will show locally
and within driving distance but whose owners can't or won't fly and take a
week  to 10 days off (including travel time) to do the whole national as it is
structured now.

Friday-Saturday-Sunday MAXIMUM!  Maybe the Futurity/Maturity on the  Friday
w/ a puppy match that PM.  Bitches on Saturday w/ Veterans/Honor  parade.
Dogs on Sunday then BOB. Out of there and on the way home by 4PM.

I'd arrange for Herding/Tracking where available on Friday, Rally/OB and
Agility  Saturday & Sunday (only) if the local regional specialty club  could
support it. See...easy.

And.... I wouldn't stop people from entering as many F/Ms as they wanted
either.

Like Helen suggested, if an owner wanted to go to all...they could.   Dog's
could accumulate points towards some sort of "dog/bitch of the year"...the
race horse people do it...they do it for the academy awards...you can't
tell me we can't figure this out as a group.

And for goodness sakes, can we do some outside in lovely parks with
GRASS?????  I don't need to be indoors, I don't need a white wall to  see a bad
back and if I never eat another banquet style dinner that's just fine  by me!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 10/8/2010 7:25:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 10/7/2010 2:31:02 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Those  are some thoughts, I  don't envy the Board, they truly have
monumental tasks  ahead of  them, I hope there are enough that are willing
to think
"outside" of   the box to make some progress in these areas of  concern

Over  these past ten years,like Mike ,I have suggested  a "two  -time" set
of Nationals. One in the spring and one in the fall. I used to judge   many
of the  Siberian Husky Nationals ,which were held in 4   different regions
every year,with the local Specialty clubs  hosting  them.  They did this
because
they had added extras to  conformation,like racing and sled  pulls,in
addition to obedience. So  the club that was hosting it could have their
own local
Specialty,  plus their Parent club sponsored  show--- with all the extras .
I  remember being confused about 4 different  Nationals, but it worked for
them  They did their conformation part both  inside,and  outside,but the
other
activities outside. So I judged one National  in  Denver inside and another
time one National outdoors in Georgia.  That I remember  vividly,since I
had a
white pant suit on and it  rained and even though I was  under a tent,the
Georgia red mud was  all over the pants <G> And they were  doing that long
before  the economy became bad. But I really like the idea of a
Performance
National one time and a Conformation National another time . Each
National
could be shortened to a 3-4 day event,that would be less  expensive
,easier for
people to take off from work or schooling. And  if someone had the  time
and
money to go to both.it would be their  choice.  The Germans do it  with the
Seiger show at a different  time than the World trials. On is
conformation,and one is for the  Working ability. Just some thoughts. Helen
 Miller  Fisher

POST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

NATIONAL  BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/