[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [gsdshowlist] breeding question

  • From: Tari Kridler <chsweetsun@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx" <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 10:53:23 -0400

The thought that the sire line is more dominant in one area than others is
silly. You are getting a combination of the dogs genetic background and the
best of the best sires still are only 50%. Granted some may give you a "Better"
50% or what you are looking for in the show ring, but it's still only 50%. We
still see the "Angie" - Highland Acres Angie, ROM- ear coming thru 4
generations away from her! It's a wider based ear with a certain tilt(always up
tho) and that can be passed thru her grandsons even. Maybe it started in a male
behind her- but here we know it as the Angie-ear!  Rear quarters we feel were
greatly improved from the Fran-Jo dogs. Joanie would smile as she watched Ruby
and say- that girls a true genetic combo of Fran-Jo rear drive if I ever saw
it! That was from her Daddy- Sel.Ch. Quno.
One thing I will say- in my opinion for what it's worth.... the male traits are
easier to breed out/ or Lose, than the female traits.
Tari
Visit our New Website @
http://Kridlergermanshepherds.com
Sent from my iPhone