[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [gsdshowlist] Bad story with happy ending--LONG..another pup sale story

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:46:32 EST

In a message dated 3/8/2008 10:14:12 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Elsyd1@xxxxxxx writes:

This reminds me of another interesting puppy sale story. Many years ago  this
very nice, very plainly dressed, (but driving a really nice car,)  couple
came to look at puppies. After an afternoon with them, (you guys  know how
this
goes), they finally picked a very nice female puppy. We sat  at the dining
room
table, while they read the contract. The wife looked up  and said they did
not believe in doctors, so they would not be taking her  for a vet check. The
pup was sitting on her lap at the time. I grabbed the  pup, and said "This is
Jewish dog, and she believes in doctors". There  was a "no sale" looming.
Well, they finally agreed to vet her, and  subsequently sent me a nice
receipt
from the vet, proving they took her.  Oy, it really takes all kinds, (to coin
very old phrase). LOL  Syd

In a message dated 3/8/2008 5:00:24 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
_Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx)   writes:

I sold a puppy almost 3 years ago to a family  that had originally come out
to just see our dogs--we didn't have anything  for sale. They came out and
their son, who was about 12 at the time, and  he fell in love with a bitch
pup
that we were growing out. We talked more,  they begged and begged, with the
end
result being that I sold Rose Red to  them. (I ALWAYS figure that it's better
being an ONLY dog with a loving  family than one of 6 or 7.) The first few
months were typical: the son  called a few times asking questions about
training,
different types of  feeds, etc. It was sweet. Then the calls stopped and I
didn't think much  about it--people have their own lives to lead and most of
my
pet people  don't keep in touch, other than an ocassional e-mail or photo. I
felt that  Rose Red was living in a super home--I WAS WRONG. I got a phone
call
from  these people a few weeks ago--They wanted to get rid of Rose Red (after

almost two years.) I'm guessing that the boy had discovered girls and was  no
longer interested. The father was nasty to me, hinting that I sold him  an
unsound dog, since HE said that she was spooky. I said I'd make  arrangements
take her, called back the next day and he'd already given  her away.. . . I
felt responsible for not acting quicker and wondered  where in hell she was
now--he would NOT say.
I got a call on Wednesday  from a wonderful woman in Hyde Park who has Rose
Red. She called me,  because the former family had given her the papers,
pedigree and guarantee  that I had originally provided them. Sarah told me a
horror
story--when  she got to their house, Rose Red was shy and quivering, way down
in  weight, so much so that her hip bones were sticking out. They told her
that they never gave her water after 1 pm in the day, so she wouldn't have
to go
to the bathroom (WTF?). Sarah said that she was so pathetic she and  her
husband just HAD to take her. In 7 weeks, she has gained 20 pounds and  is
the
beautiful dog she was always meant to be. At first, she didn't want  to eat
outside the crate, so we are guessing that she was in that crate  close to
24-7.
She is unsure of some people, but is coming around as Sarah  and her husband
take her everywhere. I thank God that these people have  her. I'm usually a
pretty good judge of people, but I sure blew it with  the original family.
At least Rose Red is safe and happy now.
Penny in  NY

[Non-text portions of this message have been  removed]

************************<WBR>**It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice &
Finance. (_http://money.http://moneyhttp://money.<WBhttp://mo_
(http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001) )

[Non-text  portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
_Messages  in this topic _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist/message/2081;_ylc=X3oDMTM1cmFxcmRrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4ODk1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcw
NTA0MjU0MwRtc2dJZAMyMDgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwNTAwMDAxMAR0cGNJZA
MyMDgx) (1) _Reply (via web post) _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxbHNxM2JzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4ODk1BGdycHNwSWQDMTc
wNTA0MjU0MwRtc2dJZAMyMDgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTIwNTAwMDAxMA--?act=
reply&messageNum=2081) | _Start  a new topic _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist/post;_ylc=X3oD
MTJmZnRnM3ZjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4ODk1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjU0MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMDUwMDAwMTA-)

_Messages_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJmamI1ZGowBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4ODk1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjU0MwRzZWMDZnRy
BHNsawNtc2dzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDUwMDAwMTA-)   | _Files_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJnYjdnYml1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4ODk1
BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjU0MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNmaWxlcwRzdGltZQMxMjA1MDAwMDEw)   |
_Photos_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist/photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdWVncWVsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4ODk1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjU0MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNs
awNwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEyMDUwMDAwMTA-)   | _Database_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist/database;_ylc=X3oDMTJkbTFmcjNiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4OD
k1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjU0MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNkYgRzdGltZQMxMjA1MDAwMDEw)   |
_Calendar_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist/calendar;_ylc=X3oDMTJlN3NpbGhwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4ODk1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjU0MwRzZWMDZnRyBH
NsawNjYWwEc3RpbWUDMTIwNTAwMDAxMA--)
*****  Visit our  website at:  www.gsdshowlist.org  *****

The Gsdshowlist is a  private forum and all email posted to this list should
be treated as private  email.  Do not forward list posts or quotes from a list
post, to any  person who is not a list member, without the author's
permission.

The  gsdshowlist is not a moderated list. Comments posted to the gsdshowlist
are  that of the author of the emails, and do not represent the opinions or
beliefs  of the gsdshowlist, its owners, or its members.

<*>Send all posts  regarding GSD RESCUE to Rescue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*>To temporarily  stop list mail send a blank email to:
gsdshowlist-nomail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*>To restart list mail send a  blank email to:
gsdshowlist-normal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*>To restart in digest, or to  change to digest mode send to:
gsdshowlist-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Having trouble doing mail  settings?  We can do the settings for you.
Feel free to contact a list  administrator for help.

)
_Change  settings via the Web_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJnaTFjMnE2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4ODk1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0
MjU0MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNzdG5ncwRzdGltZQMxMjA1MDAwMDEw)  (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email:  _Switch  delivery to Daily Digest_
(mailto:gsdshowlist-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Email Delivery: Digest)  |
_Switch
format to Traditional_
(mailto:gsdshowlist-traditional@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Change Delivery Format:
Traditional)
_Visit  Your Group _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbzhiNnNoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4ODk1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjU0MwRzZWMDZnR
yBHNsawNocGYEc3RpbWUDMTIwNTAwMDAxMA--) | _Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use _
(http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/) | _Unsubscribe  _

_Visit  Your Group _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsdshowlist;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMWRmbG0yBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMDI4ODk1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjU0MwRzZWMDdnR
sBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEyMDUwMDAwMTA-)

Ads on Yahoo!
_Learn  more now._
(http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13o243at0/M=493064.12016308.12445700.8674578/D=groups/S=1705042543:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1205007211/L=/B=O_HSKkJe5t
Y-/J=1205000011019464/A=3848643/R=0/SIG=131q47hek/*http://searchmarketing.yaho
o.com/arp/srchv2.php?o=US2005&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Groups4&s=Y&s2=&s3=&b=50)
Reach customers
searching for you.

Yahoo! Groups
_Latest  product news_