[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: gsdsforlife and PETA

  • From: Cheryl May <cmdogsports@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 07:31:42 -0700 (PDT)

In a message dated 9/11/2005 4:14:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Okay, let's break it down...which show? Which month? AB? Specialty?
Where  in
Arizona? What venue? Maybe it would jog your memory if you remembered
what
dog you took then? Summer?  spring? winter? fall?

I wasn't at the show where Ginger's dog was released, but I was at a
show where several rotties were let out of their crates, and a fire
alarm was *repeatedly* set off by PETA members.

This occurred at specialty trials (many breeds in one building) on the
Heart of America Kennel Club weekend in Kansas City, Mo., March 15,
1996. No, the date isn't imprinted on my memory, but I was showing in
the Utility ring when one of the fire alarms went off and I keep
detailed records of obedience trials. At the time, I talked with one of
the rottie owners, and with the police and it was confirmed that the
perpetrators were PETA members who wanted to "set free" the show dogs.
They disapprove of our hobby and believe that our dogs are "captives"
forced to do our will.

PETA's slogan, "Adopt one until there are NONE" is pretty clear to me.
Anyone who shows dogs and doesn't realize that we have a
well-organized, well-funded enemy who wants to stop us from keeping,
showing, and breeding our dogs is uninformed at best. I don't breed,
but I want to be able to have purebred dogs -- PETA would stop any of
us from *having* dogs -- they will be extinct if PETA has its way.

Like Ginger, I will NOT support HSUS -- in my case it is because they
are aligned with PETA.

I have very up-close and personal bad experience with PETA from as
recently as last year. They are NOT a benign organization for those of
us who keep purebred dogs.

Am I correct in guessing that "gsdsforlife" is a PETA member?

- Cheryl May and Lacy and Katie, performance GSDs

http://mail.yahoo.com