[ SHOWGSD-L ] gsds in shelters

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:52:06 -0500

Of course there would. If every single GSDCA member stopped breeding today
forever, there would still be GSDs in shelters. Not all people that breed
are members of the GSDCA.   None of the six that I have rehomed this past
year came from a "show" breeder, let alone a member of the PC.

Here in the south we seem to have an attitude that just refuses to CONFINE
any dog (or cat for that matter). It drives me absolutely up a wall!!!!!!!!!
I'd really like to b*&&&ch slap some people that seem to think it is
perfectly okay to let their dog out without a fence or even a tether.  Much
as I dislike tethering, it is certainly is preferable to being hit by a car.
The LUCKY ones get picked up by AC.

Then of course there is the nationwide attitude that 'pets' are disposable.
Just dump it at the shelter when they become "inconvient". grrrrr  None of
this will be stopped by us not breeding, or even keeping a better eye on
puppy buyers. And MOST members of the PC (yes I know not all!) will take
back a dog they bred - so at least that keeps those ones out of the
shelters!  Thank you to those that do!   Every one not in a shelter is one
less rescue has to deal with.

Ginger Cleary - Rome, GA www.rihadin.com <http://www.rihadin.com>
 "A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves."
-- Edward R. Murrow