[ SHOWGSD-L ] gsd mix needs home

  • From: <crudolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:06:54 +0000

Hello,

I just received a call from a good friend of mine who was involved in a car
accident with a dog.  The car ahead of her(this happened during the Christmas
snow storm in Ohio), hit a dog, breaking its let.  She tried to avoid the
hitting the car, the dog got under her car and her tire hit the dog's head.  By
all accounts, the dog should have been dead.  When my friend stopped to check
on the dog she thought he was dead, but when the police arrived, he opened his
eyes.  It was then that my friend decided that she would take care of this dog.
 She had it transported to her vet(she has a Dalmatian)  and is taking care of
all the expenses.  It has cost her close to $1,000, but the dog is fine now.
The vet at first thought they would have to amputate the leg.  Her first
thought was that he would be a great companion to her dog, but her dog has
taken an exceptional dislike to him and she is afraid to leave them home alone
together.  She has named the dog Phoenix because, as she sai!
 d:  He has risen from the dead.  She is working full-time, and on the weekends
she goes to Indiana to visit her husband who is in a nursing facility there due
to a stroke.  So she is now looking for a good home for this dog who is a
petite, mostly shepherd(40lb.) with a great personality, well house-broken
male.  She will check with the vet to find out if he's neutered or not.  She
will also email me a picture as soon as she is able to get hold of somebody who
has a computer.

If anyone knows of someone who would like to give this nice young one yr. old a
home, please have them contact me.

Christiane