[ SHOWGSD-L ] gsd juniors....help from all please

  • From: MissJrHandlerGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:35:34 EST

Hi List,
It's me melissa haha, I think you all know who I am by now.

Well I just wanted to email you all and tell you what a group  of us have
been doing lately. We have been trying to get more junior active in  the breed.
At the nationals I spent some time making a flyer and was passed out  there.

At this moment we want to get our ideas out to the public.  like for juniors
entries at specialties be bigger like more than just one entry.  In order to
have more juniors it would be nice to promote it by actually having  the class
offered (thanks to all who do and I understand why some of you dont)  and
maybe a nice juniors seminar. I think some handlers wouldn't mind  helping out.
Another idea was to start up a page on the gsdca website for  juniors and a
page
on the review so juniors can get  more recognition for their hard work and
dedication.so they'd have their own  little column and a picture to go with it.
It would be nice to have that so gsd  community realizes we haven't
dissapeared off the face of the earth and we can  possibly get our face out
there.

Those are just a couple of ideas we have come up with so far.  Does anyone
have any ideas that could help us try to reach our goals. Anything  would be
helpful. I've seen so many aussie juniors, sheltie juniors, pug  juniors, ect.
would really love to see this happen with shepherds too so  please do anything
you can do to incourage a kid to become a junior.

Melissa  Chavez
GsD & CwC