[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: grooming

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <inquestgsd@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:44:32 -0600

Hi Paulette -

My girls both have thick, plush coats.. Like Ileana, I do use a pin brush which
I dip in to warm water between strokes... When I am done, I blow them out using
the pin brush and a dryer. You can also use a spray bottle and spray them down
before brushing.

I do have a Furminator that I love and I do use it on my spayed bitch and it
works miracles on her... I don't use it on the young bitch because she has
straight coat... When I am done with the Furminator, I use the pin brush to
pull out that last loose hair (is there ever a LAST?) and it the coat gets its
nice texture back... I do not spray with water if I am using the Furminator..

I know that the Petco's around here have Open Tub time in their grooming area.
My mom bathes retired dals there (better than wearing out your back).. You
might call the one locally there and see if you can get in and do both girls.
Its a great situation - tub up off the ground, use can use their towels or
bring your own and I believe they let you use the driers too.
Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC,
TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC
Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_022009