[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: great article from the Kansas City Star

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:39:19 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/2007 10:16:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Dog  fighting was here long before rap-music and if the writer checks his
history  African Americans were not involved at the beginning! The writer uses
this  incident to link is dislike of the hip-hop culture
and rap music..hell I  don't like rap music either but I'm not blaming it for
the ills of our  society,

Ah yes, but the rappers and gangs have brought it from the back woods to  the
city. It's "cool".

For example, Missy Elliott and rapper DMX feature fighting dogs on album
covers, and an unedited version of rapper Jay-Z's video "99 Problems" features
footage of dogs preparing to fight in a pit as spectators watch.  If that's
not promoting it, I don't know what is.

Elevating dog fighting to "cool" status among the bad boys and "wanna  be bad
boys" from the inner cities IMO is an absolute nightmare.  I hope  they make
one hell of an example out of Vick.

So happy to be no where close to the problem, even if it means dealing with
an occasional dead rabbit, feral cat or too many toads:)

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds