[ SHOWGSD-L ] goofy?

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 18:34:13 -0500

Would you think it goofy if women had their right to vote taken away, too?
After all...time was, they couldn't...
and neither could blacks.  Want to go back to those days?  If it comes to
that, why have any rules at all...?

It used to take 11 dogs for 1 point...want to go back to that?  Why not?  Do
you think that was goofy?

I like what Pinehills said....if you don't like the Standard, get another
breed.  I wrote a Gazette column about that some years ago when I was a
breed columnist...  the Standard isn't there to change every time somebody
gets a wild hair...it's there to hold the breed at a point when the people
appointed to work on or draw up the Standard think it's at it's
best...changes can be made from time to time...but not to suit s small
group, and certainly not to appease people who have no idea what a Standard
is about.
   What would the white dogs bring that we don't have? Anything?  No?
They're fine where they are then.  Since the people doing all the arguing
"for" weren't here when the Standard was changed to disallow white dogs, let
them present a different argument than "the DNA's the same."  Actually, it
isn't...part of a dog's DNA shows colour...white is not going to be black
and tan or black or sable.......

Back to the delete button...this is a ridiculous discussion that goes
nowhere.  The point was, as Pam said, whether dogs with DQs should be
allowed to win an award at the breed's showcase event...and the answer
should be NO...loud and clear.
     Otherwise, get a different breed.

Peggy