[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: give it to me straight

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 12:38:22 -0500

Ed writes:  ".....and the way the club works now new people will never have a
chance  to bring forth their knowledge and ideas in a meaningful
manor....because we..(you) elect the same people year after year...they sit in
different chairs, but pretty much it's the same old group...."

This has not been my experience at all.  I've owned GSD's for a very long time,
but I'm fairly new to showing and the Club.  A few years ago, I meet Ginny at
the National Victory dinner.  We talked about health issues and our Breed for
well into the night.  Ginny didn't know me at all, but as the Health and
Genetics Committee Chair, she asked me if I'd like to serve on the Committee.
I agreed to do so.  The new Co-Chair, Barbara Williams, has asked me to serve
as well.  I've been asked to help the Club in other ways too.

If you bring some skill/talent/knowledge to the table, I think the Club will be
glad to utilize what you have to offer.  One last thing, don't be shy or modest
about "selling" yourself.

PaulETTE McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam