[ SHOWGSD-L ] get those bitches bred

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 22:33:27 -0400

years ago I took the opposite tack. I did not breed or did not buy
anything where puppies were produced before the sire or bitch were under 4 or
5.
Dogs were dying too young then and I did not want those bloodlines.
Often the girls only had one litter by my choice.
It seemed to pay off as the ones I drew out to go on with seem to be clear
of the identifiable genetic tested things and can produce up to 9 years in
good health. No guarantees but it worked for me.
Lissa

Msg: #8 in digest
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 00:07:44 +0000 (UTC)
From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Get those bitches breed!

One of the topics at the breeders seminar was ' infertility in the bitch'
... This session was perhaps the highlight of the day ,( Davis stores semen
in straws at a cost of 8 dollars a month)
The vet who spoke on this went into great detail on the many many reasons
SHOW dogs don't conceive! Among the many suggestions to correct problems he
mentioned that we need to breed bitches young! And breed them often!
Breeding a healthy bitch four times consecutively is NOT a problem! The vet
stated this bitch would have a healthier reproductive system than a bitch
being breed once a year! He talked about the growth of fetuses increase the
most at the beginning of the 6th week and advised NOT to increase feeding
until the sixth week! Don't shoot the messenger, just telling Ya what I
learned! Ed Hill