[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: gas prices

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:23:30 -0700 (PDT)

There are several methods available that circumvent the use of
gasoline...BUT...most are more expensive at  this point than gas.  Ethanol,
veggie oil, poop, etc.  can all work, but they are not as simple to get to or
use as gasoline.  Even ethanol which is being touted once again, has very
limited availability and the cost is not any cheaper, I believe.  Of course
this is no excuse for us (collective us) to not get off our butts and work on
this and being creative.  I advocate a hostile takeover of Canada and taking
their oil....just kidding my Canadian friends..eh.  Cynthia
  The real issue goes back to our "want it now - without effort"
society. The people who are using the cooking oil have to go get it,
strain it and then use it. Most of us are just not that interested. I
don't know about the rest of the world, but I just do not have time. As
long as we will pay it, we will have to.

Mary
At 12:57 PM 4/19/2006, Gsdjudge@xxxxxxx wrote:

>In a message dated 4/19/2006 11:10:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>Did you all the know the original diesel engine was developed to run on
>vegetable oil?
>There about 5 cars here in Vegas that have been adapted to run on leftover
>cooking oil from the hotels. The people that own these vehicles get the
>free old
>cooking oil, strain the particles of food out of it and put the oil in their
>cars fuel tank. One of them, a YV personality has been doing it for over year
>in his Volkswagen. Bud

>POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the
>original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
>FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the
>original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
>BE PROSECUTED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - URL temporarily deleted due to AOL issues
>

>--

Mary Tripp Mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.tripphill.com TRIPPHILL
KENNELS, H 512-267-2104
Home of Naked Care! www.makitnmetal.com Custom metal art for the dog
fancy

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Grace Eaton
Sirius German Shepherds
zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min
with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

countries) for 2¢/min or less.