[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: galactically stupid question of the week

  • From: "Rachel Anderson" <gsdk9rat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:58:56 -0500

Sort of!
"Spaying a female dog will sometimes result in an increase in testosterone
influence, if they produce androgenic (testosterone-like) hormones at  higher
levels than most females and then the suppressing effect of
estrogen is removed due to spaying.  This can cause an increase in aggressive
or dominance behaviors. It is possible to test for hormonal levels."
from Vetinfo.com