[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: gaiting/pacing

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:05:42 -0700 (PDT)

Actually pacing is a gait utilized for typically 2 reasons.  laziness and/or
improper structure.  It can definately become a habit and should be
discouraged.  The easiest way to get a dog out of a pacing gait is to lift
straight up on the lead as they are moving.  This usually causes them to change
"leads" (horse term) and they will start moving properly.  Regards, Cynthia