[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: gaiting

  • From: RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx
  • To: AGray40366@xxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 16:38:20 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2009 1:40:02 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
AGray40366@xxxxxxx writes:
I've  been looking at the post on gaiting and can't help but put $0.02 in.

When the essence of the breed is the "flying trot" a walking assessment
seems  awful elementary. If you are in the center of the ring to  assess
the dog
against  it's standard, and the first line of the  standard under "gait" is
"a german  shepherd dog is a trotting dog  and its structure has been
developed to  meet the requirements of its  work." then one would assume
the best
evaluation of the dog is at a  trot. If you can't tell bad backs, hocks,
soundness, and balance at  a trot and need to fall back on a walk, you
might  need
to look a lot  more dogs.

I could not agree with you more Ann.  Walking does nothing for me,
especially if they are pulling.  Judges who do it, to me, are grand  standing.
I've never seen any worth to the exercise.

Randy
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585087x1201462804/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
JulystepsfooterNO62)