[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: gaiting

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 15:37:06 -0700

There is NO greater way to discern movement over the back loin and croup
than with a steady, pulling walk.
Dogs with movement, inappropriately over these areas, will bounce, undulate,
and ripple.  Also a weak and faulty rear end will come unglued when asked to
pull at a walk.   I love a judge that walks dogs, after a bit of gaiting to
settle them so they DO actually walk rather than prance and jig and pitch on
the lead.
I say "LET THEM WALK!"
Kathy Tank
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
~or~
http://www.germanshepherdssocal.com
PUP-DATED:  MAY 6, 2009
Home of:

CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING