[ SHOWGSD-L ] futurity plaques

  • From: ROBINHAUSGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 19:57:35 EST

While I understand cutting costs,  I think it is a mistake to  eliminate
futurity plaques for placements.

Yes,  I have plastic boxes full of them stored - maybe when the new  room
is done I can hang them all.
Right now just the current ones are hanging.

But for new people who buy that first "show puppy"  it matters.   You
convince them to enter and show in their first futurity - they have to pay
handling fees, travel, etc.  They don't get any points for this.

They are happy when they get that piece of wood -  even if it is  4th.
They got wood !!
They buy the picture and hang up that plaque and the picture and show it to
 everybody they know.

Take that away and they probably won't be back.  Getting a rosette is  just
not the same.
It is hard enough to keep people interested enough to finish a dog.   If
all they get at a futurity is a rosette, odds are they won't come next  year.

I also agree that it would make more sense to have an amateur handler class
 in the futurity instead of having another whole futurity - requiring a
second  judge and expenses for that.

Pat Robinson