[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: futurity judging requirements

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: pruett@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:32:11 -0400

I think there are
creative ways to give prospective judges a working knowledge of good ring
procedure without requiring specialty matches

I would think that anyone that has been in the breed for any length of time and
has finished dogs should know and be able to apply ring procedure.
This is not rocket science.

This is the part that bothers me the requiring of all those matches with the
excuse of learning ring procedure. If someone has finished a number of
Champions, been to Nationals, have had GV, GVX, Selects etc and cannot judge
because they don't know ring procedure the maybe they should not judge.  I
doubt we have anyone with that kind of record that cannot apply good ring
procedure.
BTW my feeling this way is not for me as I meet all the requirements, it is for
all the other good qualified breeders who do not meet the requirement.

Lee Brown