[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: futurity idea

  • From: <ricknaudra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:39:37 -0500

You know, even if the trophy is made from a piece of expensive particle board
you have to admit, the first time you ever placed at a Futurity and you got one
of those sucker in your hand one you know you were thinking? ?I did it, I got
wood?. I remember the first time my parents? dog got ?Wood? when I was just a
kid. I?m pretty sure he took a 4th. But man, that didn?t matter. He placed and
it was at the Futurity. It was great! It was huge! I also like the fact that
the trophies still look the same now as they did back then. To me those
trophies have become an icon of the Futurity shows and an important part of its
history. There?s something special about that feeling when you ?get wood?
especially for the first time. It?s a big deal. I understand the point that was
being made about the small class sizes but I think the idea of reducing the
regions would resolve that issue.

I really don?t think that giving ?wood? for only the 1st. place and then
rosettes for 2nd. through 4th. would be a good idea. To me that would just
lessen the significance of the Futurity/Maturity show and that would diminish
the vision of what this show is all about. That would make it nothing more than
just another fun (puppy) match.

To me it?s not just a glorified fun match?

It?s the Futurity!

I know that was kinda (soap box) sappy, but it?s from the heart.

-Rick Haase