[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: futurity counts

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:02:48 EST

One reason might be distance.  In the eastern part of the  country
the regions are smaller and closer together so most breeders have
a show within a few hours drive.   In the larger, less densely  populated
states, we have a similar problem to the National.  The nearest
futurity might be a full day's drive away.  A couple of years ago,
the nearest futurity to me was about 1000 miles away.  I was
glad I hadn't had the litter I'd planned on after all!  If people have  to
add 1-2 days travel each way to attend the futurity, you're going
to have less entries.

Janice

In a message dated 3/15/2006 8:01:02 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Well  it's pretty clear to see certain regions get the motherload of entries.
It  would really be interesting if someone did a study and chart on all the
entries, to see actually how many entries stay and enter in their own  region.
Has anyone ever figured that out before ?

Amy  Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com