[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: futurities etc.

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:10:33 -0700

Part of the problem with the Futurities is that we base our stud dog
rankings on them.
Dogs get x amount of points for progeny going "Reserve Reserve Best Opposite
to the Almost Best Dog, but Not Quite".....or almost just for showing up.
So the Winner, may have only beaten a handful of dogs, as was evident in
males last year at the SP Fut, where the BIF male had to beat a total of 8
or 9 dogs....there wasn't even a JR class for the Futurity males.
Now "getting wood"  (stop it Evan) is great, but really Diane, your words
"dumbing down" are perfect.
Entries overall are dwindling because of the state of the economy.  Many
would rather show at ptd shows, where it counts for something.
As much as I know I will be zapped for saying this, let's do away with the
multiple qualifiers for the Finals, and make it Best in Fut/Mat  Male and
Female per region...period.
Lets stop using the futurity system for stud dog rankings, and let them be
what they were supposed to be ....a great puppy match.  Let's give monetary
incentives instead of stud dog points.  I tell you, I would love to go to a
show and get my money back in any form.
But I haven't had enough coffee...so what the heck do I know.
Kathy

http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
PUP-DATED:  MAR 1, 2009
HOME OF:

CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING