[ SHOWGSD-L ] fundraising for surgery.....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:28:28 -0700 (PDT)

This situation is precisely the reason that the GSDCA needs a Sunshine Fund.
This would be accessible to people facing catastrophic vet bills, member health
issues, money for food/rent/mortgage or WHATEVER the member is in desperate
need of.
There are many cities who offer this type of help to its residents. In Newton
Mass, its called The Cousens Fund. People facing serious financial issues need
only go to the town hall and fill out an application. This would include, but
not be limited to; people who live on limited incomes with exorbitant medical
bills not covered by insurance, people who are already on some sort of state
aid and are still having problems making ends meet, etc.
In the GSDCA, we could assist one another thru financial hardship, medical
hardship, and veterinary care. It would also be useful for sending flowers from
the club to members services that have passed, perhaps a card to brighten their
day while in the hospital, or to pay for a dog sitter for a day for a family
member who is overwhelmed, etc.
Life is short, my friends. We need to be kind to one another and care for one
another....a dollar or two a month would go a very long way.
Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.