[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: fun things GSD's have done

  • From: "Art & Giselda" <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:21:54 -0700

Well I had a similar story to the 2 dogs on the roof but it was not my
neighbours that called.  It was I think 2 years ago this winter that we had
so much snow, and as it slid down onto the ground, it got higher and higher
on the ground.  My 2 dogs were in thier pen, my male that I lost in Jan and
my female that is taking his place bless her heart, they were in thier run
and I was cooking dinner, I happened to look up and I called to Art as I
thought I was seeing things....the snow got so high on the side of thier
mansion, that they were able to climb the snow bank, get on the roof of
thier house (which used to be my old house that I lived in, we converted to
a dog house) and they were sitting up there watching me cook dinner...it was
hilarious.  We got them down and then proceeded later on to clear the snow
banks so they could not get out or on the house again.  That was a nightmare
of a winter, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much snow.  My korean student was to
leave at that time but we had no way to get him to vancouver, so they
managed to get a van out here to pick him up, we could hardly get out of
yard, and no matter how many times we went with the snow blower it was still
to much snow. I hope never to go through that again.
Giselda