[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: fronts "videos of GSD movement reason... conformation"

  • From: Kate Syssoloff <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:45:10 -0600 (MDT)

What hit me watching this video of these dogs is that they have been entered
with not a lick of training on them.  One poor dog is crouching down and the
handler has to haul him around ..  None of these dogs knew why there were
there, none were using themselves, lets face it, they were looking for ways to
escape.  And, to me.. they looked very young.  Short upper arms are pretty much
established and so is the twisting of the hock.  Pacing, I believe, is a gait
that is very easy for a dog to do that is generally still growing, but the
flags are there that it's conformation is lacking... so why show when you know
you haven't a chance and you know everyone will remember the upset?  Not to
mention the general public who will be horrified to see this and blame all
Breeders.  AAACK!!

Kate @ Rockannand