[ SHOWGSD-L ] from the AKC re the Oprah show tomorrow

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:35:26 -0400

**Permission to Cross-Post Granted**

Dear Delegates:

As you  probably know, Oprah is airing a show tomorrow (Friday, 4/4) on
the topic of  "Puppy Mills." While the show was previously taped, we have
been in touch  with the producers about our desire for responsible
breeders to be  represented, and they have allowed us to submit a 2 line
statement which they  said will be incorporated into the show. They have
also stated that there is  no specific intention to malign purebred dogs
or the AKC.

We will be  watching the show along with you and, if warranted, we will
respond publicly.  However, it is our hope that Oprah's interest in
animal welfare will help  open up a dialogue on the issue and that AKC
and the dog fancy will continue  to be engaged.

Please direct all correspondence on this issue to _communications@communi_
(mailto:communications@xxxxxxx)

Thank  you!

AKC Communications