[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ..... from another side

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:55:23 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/2007 6:34:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:
Breeders SO NEED to screen their buyers better and spend a lot of time with
them making
sure they are the right home,  it is the right Breed,  and it is the right
puppy for them!!!

I feel the reputable breeder does screen prospective buyers.  Gary and I went
to Petland just to see what it was all about. If any poor dogs are going to
end up in shelters its the thousand sold buy these places just to make the
almighty buck.  The place was packed, I have never seen so many impulse buyers
of
puppies than I did that Sunday afternoon.  It honestly made me sick to think
where those poor helpless puppies were going to end up in the coming months or
years. The first thing that should be done is close down the puppy mills if
the states can...that will drop the overcrowding in shelters alot.

I was very proud to watch the way everyone has rallied together against this
CA bill...good job!

Patty Szymczak