[ SHOWGSD-L ] frightenting voting procedure for judging nationals

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:24:08 EST

In a message dated 11/13/08 7:58:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
shutter45@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Each  year the membership is given a list of all judges within the membership
to  vote on for the nationals. This list is minus the judges who have judged
in  the past 5 years, and any judges who currently hold office within the
parent  club or on the board of directors.

Anyone can vote for whomever  you choose. The first place votes get their
pick of what they want to  do(intersex, dogs, or bitches). The second place
gets
to pick next and third  gets what is left over. This way the board does not
have to nominate anyone  and no one gets excluded. There are no petitions that
have to be signed  because of the restrictions on this list are non-negitoable.

That is how the club I count for does it. There are so many picks, that the
top winner has about seven votes each year. The other 800 people get two or
three votes each. Other than that, it works.

What we need to do, if you do want one vote one member, is give each member
one vote, not three.  We have never done that, since we have three judges.  I
would like to try that, let each person vote for the best judge, and then it
would truly be a winner takes all.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/