[ SHOWGSD-L ] fraud

  • From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:37:21 EST

I  got one of those operator assisted call's on an ad in the paper for  an
adult male dog, that had been dumped on me by the person saying if I didn't
take him they would put him down. I know, I have sucker stamped on my  forehead.

Any how this caller asked for my e-mail address and then said he would buy
my puppy. He would send his courier etc.

Now of course I didn't buy into it.

Does anyone know how this scam works? When I asked the caller where he was
from, he said New York. I live in South Dakota. Now why would any one want to
pay more for the shipping than what the dog cost. I was asking enough ($250)
to  help cover what it cost me to fix his ear.

If they do send a courier, what do they do with the dog/puppy ?

I would like to have our paper print this scam in the pet section of the
paper.

I just sold one of my puppies to a man (that I know personally) for a
hearing assistance dog. And have some deaf people that I have as Boarders that
have
to use the operator assisted calls to make reservations.

How do they find all these ads in the small town News papers? They must  have
a heck of a net work?

Judi
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.