[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: frank tate

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 19:17:28 EDT

I believe one of his dogs was lost by an akc show handler and the  dog was
hit by a car. the dog was not a youngster. yet he spent thousands of
dollars to get him healthy again while he sat across the country at that vet
clinic so he could bring him home instead of just saying well let's put him
down
 it's cheaper!  oh! and frank's old dogs stay until they  die.

I love Frank, and am keeping in touch with him, but there is  a slight
correction needed here. The handler (who is my son-in-law Jim Hall),  did not
"lose" the dog...the dog climbed a six foot chain link kennel, and  squeezed
through the  8 inch space between the kennel wall and the  roof! He did
indeed run into the street, and was hit by two cars. Jim Hall took  him to our
vet, Dr. Keith Norton, who kept him for months, slowly grafting new  skin and
fur over one entire side of his body. Dr. Norton kindly took payments,  and
JIM HALL paid the entire $3,500 vet fee. As I said, I love Frank... but I
love Jim more.   Syd