[ SHOWGSD-L ] ? for Board Candidates

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:35:44 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/05 1:12:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:
What do  you think of the current requirements for someone to judge a
futurity? Do you  think they should remain in place or should they be  changed.

I am in favor of loosening the requirements for Futurity judges. While it
may be true we need to make sure people are qualified, I have faith in the
people who vote for judges that they will do this.  Procedure is not nearly  as
important as knowledge.

We have made it so restrictive that many top breeders are not ever going to
judge a Futurity.  I was on the Futurity Committee for years, and always  felt
that the limitations were well intentioned but too limited, and now  need to
be reconsidered.

The interesting thing is that Tish has changed this many time, and is still
working on finding a new solution.  I am sure it will happen.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together