[ SHOWGSD-L ] food: how things change

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:22:40 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I also remember Gaines....we fed our Beagles that when I was growing up.
Funky red stools.  I remember when Science diet was the "premium" food to feed,
but most show folks only fed the Growth as the rest was garbage.  Then Iams
came into fad and the race was on!
  My goodness, look at how the pet food business has changed and grown.
Obviously there was money to be made from baby boomers and beyond catering to
the needs of their beloved pets.  The choices today are amazing and I am not
all that convinvced that they are all good for our dogs as many are so new to
the market.  Much of it is a marketing ploy to get you to buy their food.  Do
we really need 10 different choices of the same food?  lamb and rice, lamb and
duck, duck and buffalo, turkey and chicken...ad infinitum).  Oh heck, who am I
kidding, I get suckered into the marketing as fast as anyone..lol   Cynthia

Building a website is a piece of cake.