[ SHOWGSD-L ] food for dogs and people

  • From: "crudolf tds.net" <crudolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 15:30:01 -0400

While on the subject of food, my mother was a great cook and always made
home cooked meals for us.  She was also very adventurous and had us try all
kinds of things as kids.  Her motto was, if you are hungy, you will eat
what is put on the table--period.  She never worried that one of her kids
would not eat, we always ate everything she put in front of us and would
never have thought about doing anything else.  The only thing that I really
did not care for, was Suelze, and I can't recall what the English is for
that right now, but the thought of eating it really made me want to
.......but I did anyway. She also went to the local farmer's market, now a
very upscale, downtown Cincinnati market called Findley Market to buy tripe
for our dogs.  Now that is one terrible looking and smelling piece of meat,
but the dogs loved it, especially when my mom fixed it for them.  Findley
Market is still in business and I try to get there at least a couple of
times a year because they have really good sausages, cold cuts, breads and
fruits and veggies there.  Just is a long drive for me.  I will have to
check if they still carry tripe.
--
Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm