[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: folic acid in dog foods

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Scharo777@xxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx, donkagsd@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 07:02:19 EDT

Yes, just checked my brand too and it's in both the adult and puppy foods
(important b-cause I switch mom to puppy food 2-3 weeks pre-whelp).

This is certainly an important thing to know and a good reason to add a
pre-natal supplement if not feeding kibble...or if you have one of those gals
that quits eating and you are pulling out the stops just to get ANYHING
into  her...

Thanks for sharing Barb and so sorry for the loss of your wee one.  I  do
my hardest praying in the whelping box!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 7/19/2009 8:14:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Scharo777@xxxxxxx writes:

I  checked the Sams Exceeds - chicken - and folic acid is about the 3rd
from
the end in the ingredient list.
I also checked the Royal Cannin, and  folic acid is in the middle of the
list of  ingredients.
Carol

In a message dated 7/19/2009 6:53:25 P.M.  Central Daylight Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
I became   curious... Folic acid, naturally. (Vitamin B9)  is found in
spinach, kale, orange  juice.

**************Can love help  you live longer? Find out now.
(http://personals.aol.com/articles/2009/02/18/longer-lives-through-relations
hips/?ncid=emlweu
slove00000001)

POST  is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org

**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000009)